How to entertain your preschooler when the iPod goes flat (in the car).
Sometimes you just need a few ways to keep the children entertained in the car that doesn’t involve screen time. These are all games that I have used on various car trips with my son. They are good for 3 – 5 year olds and beyond.
1. Play Eye Spy – Instead of using letters you can use colours and adjectives. For example “Eye Spy with my little eye something that is is white and fluffy”. Possible answer: Clouds.
2. Make up nonsense words – my son (5 y. o) loves to do this and it always sends him into fits of giggles.
3. Tell Jokes – My son’s jokes are so bad that they’re good!
4. Sing – Turn the radio off and sing songs instead. The babies love this also.
5. Story telling – Retell familiar stories or make up your own.
I would love to hear of some other games people use with their preschoolers.